This chronicles the change history of LeagueChief. The original version was released on April 1st, 2005 and the final version for new users was version 2.6.5, released May 21st, 2011. Existing users, drop me an email if you'd like to get a more recent version of the app with fixes and enhancements.
2.8.3 (Build 68)
- Fixed a problem with the Adjustment Factors calculation when 5 or more scores were used.
2.8.2 (Build 67)
- Added Weather forecast to the rendering of the main 'index.html' page. This only shows when it's a News or Upcoming Matches page.
- Added a setup screen in Web Setup to allow the user to define the weather forecast script. See Help for more information.
- Added option to the WebPage generator popup to enable or disable printing of the weather forecast.
2.8.1 (Build 66)
- Reworked the Extended pages so they are visible on more browsers (i.e. Archives, Awards, Links, and Events, Photos, Blogs, Forums) (See Help on how to configure)
- Added past years links to the Player and Sub details pages.
2.8.0 (Build 65)
- Added more options of adjustment factors for handicap calculation if few scores are entered. (i.e. 1 thru 4 scores).
- Added option to throw away the highest score for a sub from the handicap calculation.
- Added these new options to the Create League Wizard and the Setup tab.
- Changed player and sub handicap calculations to use the adjustment factor.
- Changed sub handicap calculations to use the Throw away factor.
- Added key information to scoring, player, and sub details page for the Adjustment factors.
- Modified the Phonebook report to print to a Comma Separated Value file which can be imported into Outlook.
- Upgraded from .Net 2.0 to .Net 4.0
2.7.1 (Build 64)
- Added the "Pay Both Skins" option to the User Interface. It's available in Settings and in the Create New League.
- Copy the graphics for the pops to the top level directory, since that is where they accessed from.
2.7.0 (Build 63)
- Adding pictures and match-up history to the "News" week details of an upcoming week.
- Fixed the A/B setting logic to change based on Index, not Handicap. This fixed a problem when the handicaps were equal, it wouldn't get set right.
- Ripped the Protexis 3rd party merchant services & registration component out of the application.
- The 'Key' on the scores panel now shows the decorations for Shared Points, Points, and Birdie.
2.6.5 (Build 62)
- Fixed a problem with generating the index page. There was a case where the user would get "Standings Not Calculated" at the top level page, when indeed they were calculated.
- Added a "Moves" column to the Standings panel on the webpages.
- Changed the Events Prizes panel to be consistent with others; the Payout is now the last column in the grid.
- Fixed generation of news/upcoming matches page to not miss generating the footer section.
- Changed the footer of the Scores Panel; removed an extra set of unneeded blank lines.
- The 'Key' on the scores panel now shows the decorations for Shared Points, Points, and Birdie.
2.6.4 (Build 61)
- Changed create league wizard to give tips on what to name and size the league's logo.
- Fixed problem rendering an external hyperlink in top level page if it was in your results/verbiage. It would path as if it was in the league directory.
- Changed Webpage hyperlinks to not include a leading "./" on links referencing files in the current directory. This generates cleaner HTML code.
- Changed the 'Powered By LeagueChief' Footer image to be relative to the top level directory so all years can share the same image.
2.6.3 (Build 60)
- Created a brand new look and feel for the web page and also made the pages work better on mobile devices.
- Combined the "Players" and "Subs" pages into a web page instead of separate pages.
- Combined the "Statistics" and "Rankings" pages into a web page instead of separate pages.
- Combined the "Standings" into the "Results" web page.
- Added pagination to "Players", "Subs", and "Results" web pages so they can get to previous and next information right from those pages.
- Added logic to the "Schedule" page to display the dates as links to results web page.
- Fixed runtime error on generation of web page if an Event week didn't have a nine set, a NPE would be encountered.
- Added ability for the end users to create and wire in custom pages at the top level for: "Archives", "Awards", "Links", "Custom 1" and "Custom 2"
- Added ability for the end users to create and wire in custom pages at the league level for: "Events", "Photos", "Waiting List", "Forum", "Blog", "Custom 1" and "Custom 2".
- Added the "Create New League" link to the Admin menu as another way of getting to the create league wizard.
2.6.2 (Build 59)
- Fixed problem where if first row was deleted, a duplicate number would get creating for next row in Team, Player, Sub, Weekly, TeeTime and Communications.
- Changed Sub web page to display Sub based on the Phonebook status instead of basing in on a Phone #1. Previously, Subs without a phone # would not be displayed. To skip a Sub, simply inactivate the Phonebook entry.
- Added ability to save the last Backup location so the next time the database is backed up, it will be defaulted.
- Added logic to create the Report directory if it doesn't exist and the user tries to print cards.
- Added ability to print cards without names/handicaps to the blank card stock if it's an Event or Holiday week.
2.6.1 (Build 58)
- Added Affirmative, Negative, No Answer counts to the Waiting List toolbar to provide a current snapshot of the number of participants in and out.
- Create League to copy Waiting List comments to new Player or Sub.
- Added right-click options to Player, Sub, Phonebook and Waiting List tabs for copying contact information to clipboard.
- Added right-click option to Player, Sub, Phonebook and Waiting List tabs for option for quick email.
- Added right-click option to Team to copy selected Teams and Numbers to the clipboard.
- Added right-click option to Score Entry to copy selected Players and scores to the clipboard.
- Added ability to click the Person's name in an email on the Communcation tab. This will copy all contact information to clipboard.
- Fixed color problem on the Golf Course Export screen.
- Re-introduced the ability to run a Data Scrub utility. Added a new Admin menu item for this.
2.6.0 (Build 57)
- Created a brand new "Create League Wizard" screen to better walk the user through the process of creating a new league.
- With the Create League, you can now bring in Players and Subs from a previous League along with Score History as well.
- Added Skin threshold setting to decide what pays a skin (i.e. a birdie, or a par).
- Added Phonebook, Player, and Sub Photographs. These can be published as part of the Player/Sub Details web pages.
- Added "Best of last X scores" option for use in the Handicap calculation. "**" also shows on the Player Details for the scores that qualify.
- Added Equitable Stroke Control (aka "ESC") as another Handicap Calculation option.
- Fixed a bug with how Net Skins were qualified. If a player had a gross birdie, that would take precedence, and then net skins wouldn't qualify.
- Split up the Setup tab into sub-tabs so additional setup options can be better organized.
- After a new League is created, it is automatically selected in the dropdown.
- Added Phonebook lookup button to the Player, Sub, and Team toolbars to help in the workflow.
- Changed the "Delete" buttons on the Player, Sub and Team tabs to be split-style buttons with separate Delete and Clear options.
- Changed Teetime screen to not include fields for creating times since they are now obsolete with the addition of the Create League Wizard screen.
- Saving Teetimes will refresh the Matches tab. Also provide an error on Matches tab if the Number of Teetimes isn't correct.
- Added Right-Mouse menu items to Score entry for: Sub lookup, Sub clear, No-Show assign and clear.
- Fixed Schedule Report to handle case where Nine, Tee, or Golf Course isn't set for a week on the Schedule. You would get a runtime error.
- Player Swap now refreshes the Sub tab after the swap is successful. It also clears the Photo on the Player.
- Added some more information to the bottom of the Results webpage to display some of the League Settings.
- Added "Scores (Adjusted)" to the Player Details webpage which shows adjusted score when it is used in handicap calculations.
- Upgraded Prerequisite Installer to install SQL.Express 2008 and DotNet 3.5 (SP1).
2.5.17 (Build 56)
- Updated the "Waiting List" report's web output format to the new Webpage look and feel.
- Added logic to the Import Player/Sub Handicaps to handle non-printable chars in the file, missing name, and missing index.
- Added protection for the Backup Restore if the user doesn't select a filename. Give them a warning.
- Fixed a bug where if a week was postponed and a sub was scheduled to play, the handicap calculation for future weeks would be incorrect.
- Fixed a runtime error during the Postpone week functionality. Was erroring on deleting the Scores.
- Added logic to clear the MakeupWeek and MakeupOfWeekNbr on the Schedule when the "Admin/Clear Scores" is processed.
- Fixed the icon for the "Postponed Date" field on the Schedule tab. It still had the old image.
- Changed the "Most Improved" report to include the player's last handicap in the calculation if the final week hasn't been started.
2.5.16 (Build 55)
- Golf Course Export/Import. This allows data to be shared among LeagueChief Users.
- News Webpage that can be displayed as Results for weeks that have not been Calculated (i.e. day of league play)
- On the Standings Webpage, changed "First Half" and "Second Half" to use the H3 style sheet element instead of H2.
- Added logic to Player and Sub to print "--" if the Handicap isn't established.
- Changed some sample data in the schedule for the Nine played to match the Proxies set up.
- Added a quick regenerate. This omits the Player and Sub details to allow for a quick regen of Results.
- Added logic to consume error if the user tries to delete a Proxy row that's in add-mode. The User could get a runtime error.
- Added validation to Golf Course Hole entry to make sure the Handicaps are entered appropriately for the 9's (i.e odds on front, evens on back).
- Added Import Player and Sub Handicaps functionality to import handicaps from an External source. (i.e. CSV file format).
2.5.15 (Build 54)
- Created fresh, new icons for all of the toolbars throughout LeagueChief.
- Minor reformatting on webpage for when Event Prizes are used. The Table to display the data is not fixed width anymore.
- Fixed problem in save of prize winners in Score Tab when both Hole and Event Prizes are used for a week.
- Added validation to Website Generation to make sure the week has begun before the results can be generated. Fixes a potential runtime error.
- Fixed problem in create database for some international users. Removed the Size parameter on the create of the DB.
- Fixed Paid Date lookup on Player Setup. It was not firing when the User would click it.
- Fixed wordwrap problems in formatting of Player List Web Page when Emails were included.
- Added 'Times Played' to the Sub List Web Page
- Added logic to create the DB Directory location if it doesn't exist on the User's computer. Helps make for smoother install.
- Created a new Phonebook Report showing all phonebook entries.
- Fixed a potential runtime error in the 'Where Used' functionality on the Phonebook and Waiting List screens.
2.5.14 (Build 53)
2.5.13 (Build 52)
- On the Main screen, Golf Course and Waiting List, increased space between Dropdown and Create so it's not as easy to accidentally hit Create.
- Added feature to the Phonebook to import phonebook names, phone numbers, and emails from a file (i.e CSV formatted file from Excel).
- Changed the Website Top menu item from "Rules" to "Info".
- Added some error handling for Create and Delete DB. For Vista users, provided a tip to run LeagueChief as 'Administrator' so the Database can be created.
2.5.12 (Build 51)
- Moved Database connection string and database name to App.config.
- Fixed logic when a Player or Sub is Deleted or Cleared, to also delete their Score History so no orphaned data remains in the Database.
- Fixed issue with Cut text option on the Communications Tab.
- Fixed issue with Sub Lookup, when cancelling from the lookup, it would clear the visible sub until refreshing browser.
- Added 3rd Nine handling to the Card Templates. Used for 27 hole courses.
- Added logic to the Print Cards popup to disable the Freeform Card tab when printing to blank card stock. This is only available for preprinted cards.
- Changed the League's Graphic Image size/name suggestion verbiage on the Website Setup tab.
- Changed the Website Top menu item from "Contacts" to "Players".
- Added edit check to only allow up to 27 hole Courses. Users with 36 hole Courses would create 2 separate Golf Courses.
2.5.11 (Build 50)
- Added functionality to Communications tab to allow the User to move an Email from one League to another.
- Changed Communications tab to disable the Entry panel if no Emails exist.
- Changed Communications tab to clear residual data if a different League is selected.
- Usability Enhancement in Phonebook, Teams, Players, Subs, and Schedule to take User to newly created row.
- Modified generated Web Page look and feel to a fresh look. Click here to view a sample of a current 2010 website which shows the new layout.
- Added ability to have pictures on the Player and Sub Details Web Pages (See 'help' for workflow).
- Modified Schedule and Handicap Rankings Web Pages to display "Open" for players not yet assigned.
- Added Score History display to the Player and Sub Details Web Pages.
- Fixed the save Sub Score History on the Sub Tab; now you can change the Score and the Sequence of a score.
- Added Right-mouse menu items to Teams for assigning and clearing Players to the team.
- Added Player1 and Player2 Names to the Team Browse. This helps determine open teams.
2.5.10 (Build 49)
- Added Default out of the box Sample data for a brand new user of LeagueChief.
- Disable League Tab if no league is selected.
- Saving a new PhoneBook entry now causes Player, Sub, Team, Waiting List, and Setup Tabs to refresh. Only happens when Name changes.
- Saving Team entry now causes the Matches Tab to refresh.
- Added Home directory setting to Website Setup Tab. This allows your login to your Website to Change into a different Home Directory than the default.
- Added logic to automatically create the Report Directory if it doesn't physically exist.
2.5.9 (Build 48)
- Added functionality to merge Phonebook entries. This is useful if you accidentally added a duplicate (See 'help' for the workflow).
- Added button to Phonebook to show Detail Information as to where the PhoneBook Entry is used (i.e. League Players/Subs, Emails, Waiting Lists).
- Added some protection to the Delete Phonebook entry to make sure they are not attached to Emails or Waiting Lists before they can be deleted.
- Added button to Waiting List to show where the Participant has been used (same info as Phonebook functionality).
- Made the Proxy/Event Totalling more forgiving when the User enters a "$" in the Prize Amount. Consider that a Dollar amount, and include it in the totals.
- Added the Event Total Earned to the Player's Detail Web page.
- Added Sub Details to the Website. This shows data similar to Player Details. Also added links to the Details in Sub and Results pages.
- Added functionality to the Generate Web Pages to give warning if you generate for a week but have not generated previous weeks. This avoids dead-links.
- Added logic to provide a blank default Web Page for the Rules if the user doesn't select it to be generated. This avoids dead-links.
- Added Results verbiage to the Results and Player details Web pages (i.e. "3 and 2", "1 Up", "All Square", etc.)
- Added Score History functionality to the Subs for use in the Handicap Calculation. This works just like the Player Score History added in 2.5.0
- Changed Score History Copy Scores functionality to use the Score For Handicap (i.e. utilizing the League's maximum score setting).
2.5.8 (Build 47)
- Fixed problem in display of prize winners in Score Tab when both Hole and Event Prizes are used for a week.
- Added logic to automatically show the SMTP setup option if it hasn't yet been set. Also added more info to help the user.
- Added "Auto Create a Random Hole Proxy" button to the Schedule tab.
- Added a "Delete Prizes" button to the toolbar for consistency.
- Added Right Click Actions menu to the Schedule tab for the user to set up Random Hole Proxies and Delete Prizes for multiple Weeks.
- Fixed a screen painting problem in the Player tab when toggling the More view. The background panel wasn't sized correctly due to a .Net bug.
- Added button to the League Rules tab (located on the Website Setup) to resequence rules by 10.
- Added Text field to the Schedule for Holiday and Event Weeks. It allows the User to add a custom message to print on Website and Reports of the Schedule.
- Modified Webpage Generation for more granularity on Progress. Now it increments as each Team is being generated for the Player Details pages.
- Shored up the Delete of a Week on the Schedule. It now deletes that week's Proxies and WeeklyMessages so we don't get orphaned data in the database.
- Changed Score Entry to honor the Sub's Default Tees when being selected and using the Player's Default Tee's when a Sub is Cleared.
- Fixed "No-Show" handling when the option is set to "Use Worst Score". It was using the last score.
- Modified the Index report to utilize a Waiting List for participants to include on the Report.
2.5.7 (Build 46)
- Added Ability for "Plus" and "Zero" handicapped players/subs. Enhanced Cards, Reports, Webpage, and Calculations.
- Added 18 Hole Handicap Index field to Player and Sub Tabs.
- Added Handicap and Index fields to the Extended Toggle View on Players and Subs. Allows for sorting too.
- Added Player Index and Sub Index (when applicable) to the Edit Player Score Details popup.
- Fixed a problem in Blank Card Print when only one card was printed to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card; was out of paper boundaries.
- Added Refresh of the Scoring Tab when the Matches are Scheduled or Cleared from the Match Tab.
- Added Refresh of the Matches Tab when a Week is Postponed from the Score Tab.
- Fixed problem in Postpone week. It was setting the Stage to "Cancelled", the intent was "Postponed".
- Player Ranking Webpage now shows Index, plus it sorts on that field since it's more granular than Handicap.
- Fixed label problems on the "Most Improved Player" report.
2.5.6 (Build 45)
- Fixed Results webpage to not print the "didn't qualify..." message for Gross Skins if the League doesn't pay out Gross Skins (i.e. Total Gross Amount is Zero).
2.5.5 (Build 44)
- Added another Bonus Point calculation option in the Setup tab for a "Team Total Low Net Per Hole" where teams can earn between 1-9 extra points to split if their Net score per hole is lower than the opponent's.
- Added a "Bonus" points column to the web page generation along with a message at the bottom showing the type of Bonus Points calculation the League uses.
- Usability Enhancement; Added mass update functionality on the Waiting List Tab. Right Click on Participants(s) to update and perform actions on multiple rows.
- Usability Enhancement; Added mass update functionality on the Phonebook Tab. Right Click on Phonebook Entries to update and perform actions on multiple rows.
- Waiting List now allows you to import all Players and/or Subs from previous Leagues. (Available from 'Action' Right-Mouse Click on Browse).
- Added ability to optionally display Golf Course, and Tee information on the Schedule Webpage.
- Added ability to optionally display Golf Course, and Tee information on the Schedule and Pocket Schedule Reports.
- Changed the Schedule Report to print dates (i.e. "Apr 23" instead of "04/23/2008")
- Fixed a problem in the Pocket Schedule Date description, was 2 months incorrectly offset (i.e. "Apr" would show as "June")
2.5.4 (Build 43)
- Fixed problem in Players and Subs where you could save the most recently viewed person into an open slot.
- Fixed problem in Create League when using Waiting List to create league. It now cuts the team assignment at 2 players per team.
- Changed the Copy Score History functionality to skip weeks where the score is zero (i.e. and Event Week).
- Huge Usability Enhancement; Added mass update functionality on the Player Tab. Right Click on Player(s) to update and perform actions on multiple players.
- Huge Usability Enhancement; Added mass update functionality on the Sub Tab. Right Click on Sub(s) to update and perform actions on multiple subs.
- Huge Usability Enhancement; Added mass update functionality on the Schedule Tab. Right Click on Weeks(s) to update and perform actions on multiple weeks.
- Check back... more of this to come in Phone Book and Waiting List tabs!
2.5.3 (Build 42)
- Fixed problem in the Golf Courses; could not maintain Tee information when only one Golf Course was Set up in the DB.
- Added "Hand" icon to Golf Course and Edit Golf Course screens when the Mouse is over the Tee Buttons.
2.5.2 (Build 41)
- Added a 'Waiting List' report. NOTE: This can print a report or generate a WebPage for the data.
- Added a 'Pocket Schedule' report. This is a great report that can be laminated and distributed to your league as a bag tag.
- Fixed problem in the Webpage publish where it didn't remove the files from the WebPublish\LEAGUE directory after the publish.
- Added an option to the Publish Webpage to display the League Rules as the default Web Page. This is nice for pre-season.
2.5.1 (Build 40)
- Usability enhancement on the League Dropdown with refreshing data in tabs. Refreshes only on Change of the value. This will speed things up and will get rid of the delays when User clicks on League Dropdown.
- Usability enhancement; Added Right-Mouse Menu items for the Email Body in Communications Menu and Weekly Results including: Undo/Redo/Cut/Copy/Paste/Select All.
- Usability enhancement; Added Right-Mouse Menu items on PhoneBook/Player/Sub Comments to include Undo/Redo/Cut/Copy/Paste/Select All and Ctrl-I for quick-insert of Date/User Initials.
- Usability enhancement to Quick Create Sub in Score Entry. Added a lookup from PhoneBook entries to create a Sub in the League. Added validation to protect from creating duplicate Phone Entries.
- Added the 'No Show' Settings fields to the League Setup tab.
- Expanded 'No Show' functionality to include use of default points as an option. This extends current functionality of using Old/Handkeyed Scores.
- Added 'No Show' to display in the Sub Name column of the grid on the Score Entry.
- Added ProgressBar to the bottom of the Web Page Generator popup screen. This is useful in later season when the generation process takes longer as there is more data to process.
- Trapped possible error conditions when user generates Web Page for a Week that hasn't been started.
- Fixed screen painting issues which occurred after certain popups were closed. (Day-one issues)
- Changed Waiting Lists, the A/B column is no longer required.
- Changed Tee Name in Score Entry to display Tee Name Name, not Short Name of Tee.
- Added "Hand" icon to login screen when the Mouse is over the LeagueChief image.
- Changed Waiting List Participant Delete functionality to use a new toolbar button instead of a delete key in the browser.
- Added logic to remember the last Waiting List used.
- Changed Phonebook Lookup in the Sub Tab to omit any Subs that already exist in the league (now it works like Players).
2.5.0 (Build 39)
- Added Score History Tab to the Player tab; this is used at the beginning of season to help with the handicap calculation.
- Added the Waiting List Tab. This is a new tab at the top level. Used for building out an upcoming League and track future participants.
- Modified the Create League screen; added options to import data from Player and/or Sub waiting lists. If used, this will auto-assign Players/Subs/Teams.
- Reworked Golf Course Tab to a more user friendly screen. Golf Courses now selected from a dropdown. LeagueChief now handles 9, 18, or 27 hole courses. Additionally, Leagues can now have Players/Subs playing different Tees.
- Added ability to enter an unlimited number of Tees to a Golf Course. Moved Slope/Rating from the Golf Course to a specific Tee.
- Added entry of Golf Course, Tee, Nine to the Schedule tab.
- Added entry of Tee to the League Setup, Player and Sub tabs.
- Added Tee to the Score entry; displayed as the color of the tee and also shows available tees for dropdown selection.
- Modified the Web Results; added Golf Course Tee information, Golf Course Name, separate header for Scores and Tees per player.
- Usability enhancements to all browsers (grids) to allow user to click any cell to select the entire Row.
- Removed multi-select from browsers that should only allow for one row to be selected at a time.
- Usability enhancement in Score Entry to auto-select the next 4 players upon Save.
- Added 'Net Skins'. Also added a flag to Player/Sub and renamed existing Skins flag to 'Gross Skins'.
- Modified the Create League screen; added the Tee and extended the Default Nine functionality to include up to 3 Nines for a Course.
- Modified Handicap calculation to take Slope/Rating into consideration on each score separately, only then total all scores for Average, then calculate 18 hole Index, then the 9 Hole League Handicap.
- Fixed a bug in the Scoring. It didn't honor the League's setting for the Handicap Cap, it would always assume Triple Bogey as the cap.
- Added display of Points to the Score Entry. This is displayed after the User selects Calculate.
- Added display of "No Show" information during entry, not only after Save of the Score.
- Added ability to sort the Extended Player/Sub Grid Views by Skins.
- Added a Data Scrubbing function to upgrade previous Leagues to the new Golf Course DB changes. Contact Support if you need information on how to run this.
- Modified the screens in LeagueChief to expect a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 to meet Microsoft standards.
- A considerable overhaul of Scoring logic was done due to Golf Course and Tee Design Changes.
2.4.21 (Build 38)
- Added a 'Most Improved Player' Report.
- Modified the Cancel logic and split it out into 'Postpone' matches and 'Cancel' matches.
- Only show the Makeup Date on the Schedule Setup if it's a Postponed week.
- Print Cancelled information on Webpage and Reports as another stage.
2.4.20 (Build 37)
- Modified the 'Scramble/BestBall/Misc Team' Report to build 3 and 4 person teams as well.
- Modified the 'Player/Sub' Report to sort by Index and added an option for printing only 'Event' participants.
- Made a change to the Schedule tab to allow Week # to be modified if the User needs to get to it.
- Fixed a problem where pressing Save on the Schedule tab wouldn't save the Play Date to the DB.
2.4.19 (Build 36)
- Added ability to Replace a player out of the League and replace them with someone new or an existing Sub.
- Modified Website generation to include the Weekly Results for a Holiday week.
- Added Toolbar to Weekly Results entry. Options for: Proofread Message, Bold/Italics/Underline, Paragraph, Preformatted, and Hyperlink.
2.4.18 (Build 35)
- Added section of 'Standings by Player' to the Standings Web Page.
- Added section of 'Standings by Player' to the Standings Report. New option added at runtime to include or not include.
- Fleshed out validation on Golf Course hole set up. Require 18 holes to be set up. Tips mentioned to duplicate Nines for a nine hole course.
- Added Validation to make sure Handicaps are set right on the Holes. (i.e. Odds front, Evens back)
- Added Validation to the Golf Course setup for setting up the Template File.
- Added Logic to handle the situation where the User doesn't enter the Hole # (or zero) for a Proxy. Resolves a Runtime error.
- Added Auto-Refresh to the Score and Matches Tabs when User Saves on the Schedule Tab. This ensures you have the most recent Schedule Data visible.
2.4.17 (Build 34)
- Fixed Results web page generation to only print the 'Degree' F when there are leading and trailing spaces so it doesn't get added for words that contain 'F'. Same with 'C' for celcius.
- Changed entry of the Temperature to not force user to enter data in Caps. Makes for more flexibility of messages.
- Fixed bug in display (not calculation) of paid skins on Website and Reports. Only a problem when there are multiple Golf Courses set up in DB. Day one issue just uncovered.
- Usability enhancement. Skins now round down to the lower nearest: Even dollar amount, .25, .50, or .75.
- Added a Hole Handicap row to the Results on the Web Page.
2.4.16 (Build 33)
- Fixed one more issue with the handicap calculation; had to do with a No-Show that didn't already have a Score.
- Huge usability enhancement; Added Auto-Refresh other tabs after certain events (i.e. Calculating Points, Saving Player, Saving Team, etc). This will eliminate some of the warnings users received where the record was in use (concurrency issues). Will expand this enhancement further in the next release.
2.4.15 (Build 32)
- Fixed problem with the handicap calculation; it was taking the No-Show score into consideration.
- Added "Used Arbitrary Scores" message to display on Results Web page when no previous weeks have been played.
- Fixed Player Details and Player Ranking display to print "NS" when the No Show week was based on an arbitrary week.
- Removed the "No Proxies this Week" message from the Results Web page.
2.4.14 (Build 31)
- Modified the format of the blank card stock cards and decreased the margins when printing.
- Added "Print Emails" option to the Sub report.
2.4.13 (Build 30)
- Fixed problem on Create Player. User received runtime error re: "ConfirmedDt". Introduced with recent Dates changes.
2.4.12 (Build 29)
- Changed the "print to blank card stock" functionality to print in landscape mode instead of portrait to better fit paper.
- Added ability to print up to 4 cards per page of blank paper/card stock. Includes a new checkbox on the Card Print popup.
2.4.11 (Build 28)
- Added logic to Default in no week on Website Update popup when it's a Live league and it's still Pre-season.
- Fixed problem on Player Detail Webpage when displaying the played 'Nine'. Was introduced with recent Dates changes.
- Fixed problem in Paid Date when display on Contacts Web page. Was introduced with recent Dates changes.
2.4.10 (Build 27)
- Reworked how Dates are handled throughout entire application. Positions LeagueChief for better Internationalization.
- Fixed a runtime error when a league was created with only 4 players.
- Added a hidden data scrubbing function to clear "1/1/1900" Dates from DB. If you as a User see the 1/1/1900 show in screens or reports, please contact Support on how to run the utility. This is only an issue for users running that have set up leagues prior to 2.4.10.
- Changed the Communications tab to not set the "Sent Date" if the email was sent as a Test Email to the Commissioner/Secretary.
- Added logic to trim the "Makeup Date" if the user tries to add it as a " " in the Schedule setup screen.
2.4.7, 2.4.8, 2.4.9
2.4.6 (Build 23)
- Added TeeTime Number tags to the Card Template. This allows the Group # to be printed instead of TeeTime Description.
- Added functionality to Delete a League. Available from "Administration" menu item.
- Added functionality to Clear all Scores for all weeks for a League. Also on "Administration" menu item.
- Fixed problem with "Makeup Date" on Schedule setup screen. Was not allowing user to clear date.
2.4.5 (Build 22)
- Added ability to have up to 3 strokes ("pops") for a hole; shows on Cards and Webpage too.
- Loosened up some editing on the top level Website Setup.
- Added a button to view League Rules in a Web Browser. This is available from the top level Website setup screen.
- Added new button to Player and Sub Tabs to show Extended Info in the Browser. Nice for Pre-season management.
- Fixed a runtime error on the Schedule Report when there was a Null value in Phone # or Email Address.
- Added "League Event Scheduled" to Web Schedule and Schedule Report.
- Added new Report to print League Rules.
- Added new Report to print Player Roster, including Phone #'s, and Email Addresses.
2.4.4 (Build 21)
- Added a hot feature! Now have the ability to print Score Cards to blank card stock.
- Fixed problem that randomly occurred in the League Rules setup screen; user could receive error.
2.4.3 (Build 20)
- 3rd Party Component for Registration was causing problems. Moved Resources out to separate Assembly.
2.4.2 (Build 19)
- Moved database to Microsoft's default SQL location for easier out-of-box configuration.
- Workflow changes, Added a Create New League button to main screen for better visibility.
- Auto-create the Backup directory for first time into application.
- Allow setting the Base Temporary Directory; available the Administration menu.
- Added a View LeagueChief Tips button. This displays helpful tips related to the screen the user is viewing.
2.4.1 (Build 18)
- Shored up Deployment
- UI Polish
- Auto-create working directories when a League is created.
- Allow setting the Base Temporary Directory; available the Administration menu.
- Added ability to customize the location of the Website to Access for Weather/Temperature conditions.
- Auto-copy WebPage Templates.
2.4.0 (Build 17)
- Added Subs to Skins processing. Included some DB changes.
- Added Sub Name to Score Entry.
- Workflow polish during Score Entry. Now selecting rows in the browser selects Players.
- Registration screen
- Added Sub-Directory for League's Webpage.
2.3.0 (Build 16)
- DB Changes for more robust Web Page generation.
- DB Changes to position ourselves for Multiple Tees in a Course and storing Yardage for Holes.
- Split Web Page Generation into 2 areas: Initial 'Website Setup' and 'Update Website' from Score Entry.
- Added ability for user to select the Default Web Page to be shown (i.e. Results, Contacts, Schedule).
- Added option to auto-launch browser after Generation of Website to help the User Proofread the website before Publishing it.
- Added a Stage to the Web Page set up so Publishing can be locked down for Test Leagues or Closed Leagues.
- Added ability to set up League Rules in the Database so they can be generated and printed on the Web Site.
- Workflow polish throughout the entire app.
2.2.2 (Build 15)
- Shored up Data Validation on Report Controller.
- Authored the Help file associated with LeagueChief.
2.2.1 (Build 14)
- Created a new report to print Players/Subs Indexes and based on entered Slope and Rating calculate handicaps.
- Communications screen: Added ability to delete an email. Moved Recipient related icons to a new toolbar in proximity of the Email Content.
- Added Validation Logic prior to Delete of Players, Subs, Teams, TeeTimes and Weeks on the Schedule.
- Removed #4 and #5 Proxies from the Weekly Results page; if used, they can be assigned a winner from the Schedule screen.
- UI Workflow streamline: now stubs out Teams, Players, Subs, Tee Times, and Weekly Schedule for a brand new league via the Create League Popup.
- Shored up Data Entry Validating on: Phonebook, Golf Course, Setup, Player, Sub, Tee Time, Schedule and Score Entry.
- Added Contact Type on the Email Lookup to the Phonebook.
2.2.0 (Build 13)
- Created new Stage for an Event day for the league.
- Added ability for Event type Prizes by extending Proxy functionality on the Schedule screen.
- Added ability to assign winners to prizes within the Schedule screen.
- Developed a new web page that generates results for an Event day, including Prizes and Winners
- Added a new report to show league Attendance counts for Subs and Players.
- Modified Reports to split out Event and Hole Proxy type prizes.
- New Functionality for printing Any Names on the Card; perfect for printing Scramble cards where the teetimes and pairings are manually determined.
2.0.12 (Build 12)
- UI Workflow changes for adding records in TeeTimes and Email Communication screens.
- Developed a new web page showing "All Player Statistics" (# of birdies, pars, etc, low scores, avg scores, skin and prize totals).
2.0.11 (Build 11)
- Added functionality in Match and TeeTime Scheduler to allow for Teams to be shifted
- Developed new Report that Creates a Scramble event based on High with Low Handicapped Teams.
2.0.10 (Build 10)
- Fixed spelling error on Web Page generation; Skins prize money referred to "Price Money"
- Added an edit check on match scheduler, don't allow them to do anything with a week that has scores.
2.0.9 (Build 9)
- Added Quick Create PhoneBook Entry from the Sub lookup screen.
- Added Refresh Browser button to PhoneBook and Sub screens to be used with Quick Create functionality.
2.0.8 (Build 8)
- Changed A/B Assignment to not set value if one of the players on the Team doesn't have a Handicap established.
- Added a screen to Change A/B, Handicap, or Sub Handicap on a Week's Score Entry. Makes for more flexibility.
2.0.7 (Build 7)
- Changed Web Results page to now show the Net score next to the Gross.
- Added a new Web page to show Player Handicap Ranking and the entire League's Season scores.
2.0.6 (Build 6)
- Fixed a bug in the "Sub Assignment" logic when saving scores in change mode. It would clear the Sub.
2.0.5 (Build 5)
- Added validation to the Print Cards screen to make sure the User has started the week prior to Printing.
- Created Weekly Highlights Report and made available various other Reports.
- Added new functionality to Card Printing to allow the User to print selected cards or all cards.
- Changed Standings Report/Webpage to print the Place instead of the Team #.
2.0.4 (Build 4)
- Fixed a bug in the "No Show" logic when saving scores in change mode. It would clear the flag.
2.0.3 (Build 3)
- Fixed Schedule Team/Tee Time web page generation of the table header
- Changed Colorband Header on all web pages to work better in MS Internet Explorer.
- Added ToolTip for clearing the "No Show" flag on a player.
2.0.2 (Build 2)
- Added ability to shift Matches and TeeTimes within the Scheduler.
- Added Trims on AB settings and First/Last Name to be more forgiving on data entry
- Changed GolfCourse and PhoneBook to keep user in Entry Mode when saving vs adding
- Shored up the Commissioner assignment on the Setup
- Added a Player Lookup to be used for Commissioner Setup
- Added logic to clear No-Show Scores, Accomplished by User Zeroing out Scores for week.
- Added configurable "No Partner On File" message for the Email Engine and using "lcGolf.exe.config"
2.0.1 (Build 1) (Beta Release)
- Reworked the web page output, removed bottom frame and moved nav to buttons in header.
2.0.0 (Alpha Release)
- Upgrade to .Net 2.0 and released version of C#.Express and SQL.express from Beta 2.
- Entire redesign of the UI from the ground up.
- Added multiple League management ability.
- Developed Email engine for communications.
- New Login screen
- Created Backup/Restore DB functionality from within LeagueChief
- Developed strategy for upgrading Database when application is in field.
- Added subject Comments and numerous Communications flags
- Added Proxy (Hole Prizes) tracking from entry thru the Web Page.
- Added Weather History for Entry and Publish to the web page.
- Allow entry of the Weekly Highlights within the program.
- Added logic for a split season.
- Added Settings for Match Point method and Handicap calc settings.
- Cards now have some config settings within the template.
- Created new, fresh Icon for application.
- Initial Version